Trash and Recycling: Eel River Recology picks up both every Wednesday. Find out what counts as trash or recycling at: https://www.recology.com/recology-eel-river/what-goes-where/

Electronic Waste (E-waste) and Universal Waste:
Electronic waste includes: batteries, fluorescent bulbs, computers, microwaves, cell phones, and hand held electronics.
Eel River Recology accepts e-waste for free at their Fortuna facility- please do not bring in large appliances, such as fridges that have freon, or vacuums. Alternatively, you may drop off your e-waste at the ENR Department at 120 Bowie Road, behind the grey modular building- please leave it in front of the middle shipping crate. Please call Sarah at 707-733-1900 x 119 if you have any questions or need pick-up assistance. https://www.recology.com/recology-eel-river/customer-service-fortuna-transfer-station/

Household Hazardous Waste: To dispose of old cleaning supplies, antifreeze, used oil filters, etc. you must bring your waste to Humboldt Waste Management Authority. There is a $5 per carload deal every first Saturday of the month from 9am2pm. Please call (707) 441-2005 for questions or to make an appointment for a different day.

Used motor oil and antifreeze may also be taken for free to the Wiyot Tribe Environmental Department; please note that you must check in first at the front office. Please call their office at 707-733-5055 if you have any questions.